Thursday, May 08, 2008

Obama-Clinton "Dream Ticket?"

Story.

There's no doubt at all that Hillary would leap at the VP job if offered. Would she give the ticket Cheney-line "gravitas?" She'd pretty much guarantee a lock on New York for the Democrats in November.

The downside is her hunger for the top spot herself, which will lead many to think that she'll be hoping for something to happen to Obama, so she can take the Lyndon Johnson role as an unpopular and corrupt successor to a popular and charismatic president. The worst of her enemies will mutter darkly about Vincent Foster and wonder if she'll somehow do the job herself, or have flunkies do it.

You'll notice I'm not mentioning a horrible word beginng with "a." Frankly, I'd rather not have government bots crawl this post and send word to the S*ecret S*ervice that I need looking at.

Of course, all of that is moot if John McCain wins the presidency, which is my preferred outcome.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Every time I think of the BHO/HRC ticket I think Vince Foster. As much as it pains me to say, HRC would be a better president the the messiah.

Preferable outcome is Mac, but lets face it, with the turnout numbers the Dems are getting there aint a shot in hell at it.