Monday, October 19, 2009

Busy With Computers

Spent the day reinstalling Windows on my desktop. A lot of time was used transferring documents to an external hard drive before the re-install. I have a nice clean copy of XP on it now, all updated, with Windows Security Essentials as the antivirus. Tomorrow I'll be xferring all the old data back over; hopefully my Firefox bookmarks will fold back in easily, Firefox doesn't seem to have an import function as efficient as that of Internet Explorer.

I'll blog some tonight from work.

3 comments:

TOTWTYTR said...

I found it fairly difficult to get my old bookmarks into my new Firefox when I redid my computer. Well, the first time, that is. I ended up drilling down into the "Application Data" and manually copying bookmarks.htm over. The good news is you can do the same thing if you use Thunderbird for email. It just takes a bit of searching around.

Good luck.

Vince Lucchetti said...

Use Mozback to back up bookmarks and extensions, etc.

Bob said...

@Vince Lucchetti: I might have expected that there was an extension for that. Thanks!