Saturday, February 16, 2008

Admitting your limits.

I wonder how many of us are willing to admit our limits publicly, and to say That's over my head or I'm sorry, I just don't understand when we reach those limits? This is something that I'm having to confront as a blogger with a high school education. The blogs I read regularly - - Instapundit, Ann Althouse, Powerline, Protein Wisdom (when Jeff Goldstein posts) feature bloggers whose thoughts I have to admit run deeper than mine do, and who can demolish me in debate. In addition, I have problems following their arguments at times.

I don't think I'm stupid; I took an online IQ test and got a score of 127, which was described in the results as bright/near genius. Still, my mind doesn't always grasp concepts easily or quickly; I remember as a child how difficult I found learning to tell time or tie my shoes.

I don't even have a real point to make with this post, when it comes down to it. It's more a public admission of inadequacy than anything else.

No comments: