Friday, July 25, 2008

Arrival

Victorinox Farmer:



First SAK (Swiss Army Knife) I've purchased since 2001, when I bought a Wenger Soldier model. That one has stayed in my pocket ever since, with a camera's wrist thong attached so that removing it from my pocket becomes easier, and as an emergency lanyard in case I am in danger of dropping the knife where it can't be recovered (deep water, cliff, etc).

The only fundamental difference between the Farmer and the Soldier is the inclusion of a wood-cutting saw, which for me is a handy tool. I bought this Farmer with red Alox scales; tried to get it in blue, but the first vendor reneged on the purchase and I had to go to a second vendor, who only had red. I'm using the shoelace from a workboot as a lanyard at the moment; I'll have to see if I can come up with something better.

Anyway, that's my knife fetish temporarily satisfied (I'm a knife man more than a gun man; always have been).

No comments: