Thursday, July 31, 2008

NSA's Twenty Questions

A Freedom of Information Act request turned up a strange questionnaire from the National Security Agency.

Some sample questions; you are supposed to fill in the blanks.

3) If my father would only...

4) People think of me as...

5) I suffer most from...

6) What upsets me most is...

7) Most men...

8) I regret...

9) My greatest worry is...

10) Some member of the opposite sex...

11) Most women...

12) I regret...


I don't recall taking any such quiz when I needed a clearance to work with classified information in the US Navy, but I wasn't working directly for NSA. I was quizzed carefully about vices and practices that would make me likely to divulge secrets, such as perversion or drug use.

The NSA is jokingly referred to as No Such Agency in the intelligence community.

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

That's a new one, I've had a top secret clearance in the past for another entity and I don't recall anything like that, all I remember is some question "have you or anyone you associate with plotted to overthrow the US Government?"

Like someone would answer that YES? (sure the little voices in my head told me to).