Monday, November 10, 2008

Volcano Blog: Reventador, Ecuador; Machin, Nevado de Huila: Columbia

Story, Reventador volcano eruption.

Story, Machin and Nevado de Huila eruptions.

I'm linking these two reports because they are geographically in close proximity. As in the case of the Alaskan volcanoes earlier this year, I am convinced that volcanoes erupting in close proximity to each other are venting gases from the same source deep in the Earth's crust. I'm not saying that these volcanoes share the same magma chambers, only that the gases that fuel explosive eruptions rise from the deep places where the Earth's crust and mantle meet, and vent upward through cracks in the crust. Not being a trained geologist, though, I could well be wrong; this is just my own theory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just published a Map with additional information about the Machin Volcano here :

http://www.volcanmachin.com/mapas/area-afectada/