Saturday, September 11, 2010

From Charleston, SC

We're on vacation in Charleston, South Carolina until next Wednesday. The trip down was uneventful. On Friday we visited the Charleston Tea Plantation and the Firefly Distillery, where various boutique liquors are made, the most famous being the Sweet Tea Vodka. They also have lemonade vodka, plain vodka,mint tea vodka, a tea-flavored bourbon, and a couple of rums. We also visited Folly Beach to see the Morris Island Lighthouse, but that would have required a walk of 1/4 mile and we weren't dressed for it.

Dinner was at Melvin's BBQ, which I can recommend whole-heartedly; clean restaurant, great food. We ate so much that we nearly burst, and that's a good thing.

Today our plan is to visit the straw market/shopping district, then in the afternoon head out to Hunting Island State Park to photograph the lighthouse there.

My apologies for lack of photographs. I'm using Ubuntu Linux on my netbook, and I haven't figured out how to access my photographs after I load them in; some application called F-Stop has captured them, and I don't know how to access it to upload to Blogger. I'll work on figuring it out over the next few days and try to get them up, if not they will have to wait until we get back.

No comments: