Sunday, October 07, 2012

For You Older Readers...

...whose memories stretch back to the 60's and 70's, Time-Warner has announced that 50 full episodes of The Carol Burnett Show, along with numerous extras, are now available as a DVD boxed set.

That show would have been just a run-of-the-mill variety show were it not, frankly, for the presence of two people: Harvey Korman, who could not keep a straight face when he found something funny, and Tim Conway, the man who was the most skilled at making Harvey Korman (and, very often, the rest of the cast) break into uncontrollable laughter. This propensity of Conway's is best exemplified by his "elephant story," in which he breaks up Carol, Vicki Lawrence, Dick Van Dyke (and himself) before being topped by Vicki Lawrence in a brilliant riposte:



When you see the modern internet term "ROFL" (Rolling On Floor Laughing), this is a perfect example of what is meant.

3 comments:

Irish said...

That show was funny as hell! I was young and laughed but I remember my parents really LOLing. :)

Old NFO said...

That whole crowd was something special!!!

BobG said...

I remember watching that when I was a kid. It still cracks me up.