Saturday, June 01, 2013

Yer Oxmoron of the Day

That would be the word "ethical" used by a Democrat activist.

Curtis Morrison, a former spokesman for an anti-Mitch McConnell super PAC, admitted Friday that he secretly taped a strategy session of the Senate GOP leader and his staff and could be indicted by a federal grand jury.

After the recording was made public, Morrison said he lost his friendship with Shawn Reilly, the executive director of Progress Kentucky,who was with him at the Louisville campaign headquarters when the secret meeting was recorded.

"I lost my apartment. I lost my job and my career path," Morrison wrote.

"Unlike Mitch McConnell, I will not paint myself as a victim," he said. But he added that negative reaction from people like Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., made him think: "Did I make a mistake?"

Morrison said he is planning to go to Whittier Law School in California this fall.

"I'm 44 years old, and my life path has shifted a bit, but I'm still alright," he wrote. "So far, McConnell has failed to cause me even a fraction of the suffering or inconvenience he's caused most Kentucky families."

The furor over the recording "was a frustrating moment, but in truth, I've never doubted that making the recording was ethical," Morrison insisted.


No comments: