Thursday, November 06, 2008

Murder In The Marine Corps

via Drudge Report.

A Brooklyn-raised Marine sergeant and his new bride were tortured and killed execution-style in their California home - allegedly by four other Marines under his command.

Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak, who was raised in Bensonhurst, and his wife, Quiana, were found bound and gagged in the ransacked house, each shot in the head.




As I read the headline and looked at the photo I wondered wtf, a bunch of racist redneck jarheads commit a racially-motivated murder? Then I read further:

Charged with murder and other crimes are Pvt. Embrys John, 18, of Maryland; Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20, of North Carolina; Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20, of Tennessee, and Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21, of California. (emphasis mine).

Those three names - - Tyrone, Darnell, Kesuan - - aren't typically white names. They're very typical black names. The article doesn't identify the accused murderers by race, but their names give clues, and makes me wonder if it is a racial crime, just 180 degrees opposite of the tale I was expecting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Racism from the dark green community is not unknown. Just never mentioned, because it does not fit the narrative.

28 years ago, I was eighteen and a young E-3. I was asked by a civil service lady for a lift to her home in Oakland. I was glad to oblige. As I was putting gas in my car at the base gas station, four nice dark green men started yelling at me and calling me names. I was completely bewildered and the lady came jumping out of the car to add some of her own names to return to these gentlemen.

When I asked her why they were about to attack me, she told me how the black community does not take too kindly to white men and black ladies.

I was floored. Especially since the lady was older than my mom and there was no appearance of us being on a date.

Real shame. The picture looks like a very happy couple who would be good to have as neighbors. Of course, there will be another reason for this senseless killing.