Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Larry Correia, In His "About Me" Page On His Blog...

...had this to say about living in the South and Southerners:

I did fall in love with the South though. I had one assignment where I spent four months living out of a car and driving from small town to small town across Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi, so I saw a lot of country. The South is a wonderful place, and I decided that southerners get a bad rap. People ask me why MHI is set in the South, and that’s why. Southerners get screwed in fiction. They’re portrayed as hicks, racists, and illiterates. In real life they’re proud, heroic, smart, hard working, good people. So I made MHI a Southerncentric organization.

I find that kind of neat. Thank you, Larry.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

He's right, of course. My mom's side of the family is Tennessee Volunteers and coal miners - and a better bunch of folks cannot be found.