Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why Carry A Gun?

Because the alternative might be dying on your knees, futilely shouting Damn you! at the lowlife who just killed you.

With a gun, at best the robbery is foiled; at worst, you take the SOB with you to Hell.

And yeah, they caught the guy, looks like.

In my 20+ years in the hotel business, I've been robbed twice. Once I had a gun, used it, and lost my job over it, but was able to control the situation, having the gun. On the other occasion, I didn't have a gun, the robber did, and he controlled the situation. The reason I'm here alive today is that the robber just wanted money, he didn't feel it necessary to add murder to his crimes.

So I've seen it from both sides. I didn't like being a helpless victim. I don't want to be one again.

No comments: