Thursday, June 30, 2011

Provide Input Into The Drawn Cutlass Lifestyle

Tomorrow is Friday and payday here at The Drawn Cutlass. I thought I'd make a poll and let my readers decide what tomorrow's lunch will be. During the weekdays I typically eat breakfast at work before I leave for the day (I work third shift, and get off of work just as most people are beginning work), then a baked chicken thigh for lunch, and a small meal when I return to work at 11:00 p.m.

Fridays are an exception, I tend to splurge on Fridays. I'm debating on two equally great options, and you can help me decide which to choose.

Choice One is cheeseburgers grilled here at home, by me, on the charcoal grill. A package of 80% lean ground chuck is acquired, typically it weighs out to 1.25lb. Toasted onion rolls from the deli, and two pieces of American Cheese per burger, it all totals out to huge, thick, perfectly grilled 3/4 lb. cheeseburgers.

Option Two is to go to The Q Shack, one of my local BBQ restaurants (it's 2 miles from the house!) and pick up a pound of sliced BBQ beef brisket to bring home. Once home, hamburger rolls are toasted in the oven, brisket is added, and Stubbs' Spicy BBQ Sauce is added. I attempt to eat the entire pound of BBQ, usually I succeed. It's difficult, because the Q Shack usually adds some of their great hush puppies to the box.

So: Burgers or BBQ? You decide. I'll photograph whichever one you choose next to a copy of tomorrow's Charlotte Observer newspaper, so you have proof of which I ate.

And now, the poll:

Cheeseburgers or BBQ?
Cheeseburgers
BBQ
  
pollcode.com free polls




update: I'll announce the results of the poll at 6:00 Friday morning.

update 2: And if there's a tie at 6:00 a.m. on Friday, I'll cast the tie-breaking vote myself, like the Vice-President does in the Senate.

update 3: And the winner is...barbecue! By 6 votes to 3 votes.

No comments: