Thursday, May 17, 2012

BBQ In Southern Living Magazine

The magazine posts its 2012 "Smokin' Hot" list of BBQ pitmasters.

Included are some pitmasters from North Carolina. The magazine also includes its list of best BBQ restaurants. I've only eaten at two of them (so far), Red Bridge' BBQ Lodge in Shelby, NC, and Lexington Barbecue in Lexington, NC. We have a Jim N' Nick's location here in Charlotte that Sara and I will be trying out fairly soon; it's a chain restaurant, they also have a location in Charleston next to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville store.

h/t Kathleen Purvis.

1 comment:

MauserMedic said...

We were up at the Lexington Barbecue last weekend. Very good NC-style barbecue. I have to admit I miss the Mississippi barbecue I was exposed to in and around Camp Shelby, MS. More tomato-based, compared to what seems to be the vinegar-base here, by what I've seen.