Thursday, January 07, 2010

In Personal News...

...I made a New Year's resolution to get serious about weight loss, and decided that the best way to go about doing this was to cut portions down to one per meal instead of multiple portions, and to snack on apples between the meals. I'll also be walking in our local park, once it warms up just a bit more. Sara will be making a similar effort. We acquired a bathroom scale as a gift from Sara's mother, weighings stated the day after New Year's and will be held weekly.

My initial weight was 407 pounds. Yes, I'm that fat. I need to work off the equivalent of one human from my body.

Wish me luck, all. I'm going to need it.

5 comments:

wally said...

Good luck, Robert! Wish I had the motivation to do the same!

Bob said...

@wally: thank you, Wally. That means a lot.

MauserMedic said...

Slow and steady wins........

Borepatch said...

Good luck. It's a hard thing to do, but best wishes for success. Let us know how it goes.

TOTWTYTR said...

Good luck. It's a battle I fight all the time, usually with limited success. My hill is not as high as yours, but I hope you'll be able to succeed. And MauserMedic is right.