Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Arrival

This:



A Springfield Armory 1911A1 GI model.

This is the 3rd 1911 I've owned, and the first non-Colt. First one I've owned in stainless steel, too. My first Colt was a matte nickel Series 70; the second Colt was a parkerized 1991A1. For this one I tried to get the Mil-Spec model so that I wouldn't have to retrofit better sights, but Mil-Specs are hard to come by right now in this Year of the 1911. New sights, a non-locking mainspring housing, new grips, and I'll be content.

I just couldn't be without a 1911 in 2011. I'm sure y'all understand that.

4 comments:

Keads said...

I understand. Just ran my Colt Combat Commander this weekend. Got it new in 1985.

Rev. Paul said...

Understood. I'd feel ... incomplete ... without my 1911 on my belt.

chiefjaybob said...

Can we trade slides? Mine has a couple of strange, arc-shaped scratches in it. Not sure where in the world they came from, but I was younger and much more ignorant then. Interested?

Bob said...

@chiefjaybob: Not just yet, chief. :)