Thursday, March 01, 2012

Andrew Breitbart Is Dead?

So says his Big Government website:

With a terrible feeling of pain and loss we announce the passing of Andrew Breitbart.

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.


Wow.

Expect cheering and dancing in the streets by leftards in 3...2...1...

Update: The Charleston, SC, newspapaper has some details:

Breitbart was walking near his house in the Brentwood neighborhood shortly after midnight Thursday when he collapsed, his father-in-law Orson Bean said.

Someone saw him fall and called paramedics, who tried to revive him. They rushed him to the emergency room at UCLA Medical Center, Bean said.

Breitbart had suffered heart problems a year earlier, but Bean said he could not pinpoint what happened.


I'm guessing a "widowmaker" heart attack. They aren't named that for no reason, obviously.

7 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

Yeah. That was rather stunning to hear. "Natural causes." Sounds like heart attack.

Bob said...

@ProudHillbilly: I'm guessing a Widowmaker heart attack. On Twitter, Jim Geraghty mentioned that Breitbart was having some heart issues.

ProudHillbilly said...

Does sound like it. I lost a friend to one of those about 5 years ago. He was 49 and appeared to be in perfect health. Doctor told his wife that even had he been in the emergency room at the time there would have been nothing that could be done.

Anonymous said...

Still, I hope someone urges the M.E. todo a through work-up in toxicoligy, 'cause there are things that can mimmick a heart attack....just saying.....

NotClauswitz said...

His FIL was Orson Bean? Wow, ok then. The Widowmaker - whenever I get pain between my shoulder-blades I worry about the aorta. My dad's sister went out that way.

Bob said...

@DirtCrashr: A guest at the hotel one night while I was working died of a widowmaker heart attack. I was still on duty when his wife got back from the hospital and told me he'd passed.

NotClauswitz said...

Scary stuff!