Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ghastly Dreams

I'm a third shift worker, and I worked last night. I went to bed around 10 this morning, just now got up for the second time, 2:45 (not much sleep; hopefully I'll nap before work tonight). Anyway, had a ghastly dream about being infested with foot-long "worms" that looked far more like bright-green centipedes than worms (possibly sand worms). Anyway, these horrible things burrowed into my body, and the only way to get rid of them was to prepare a noose of string and wait with it near the entrance hole that they dug as they burrowed into my body: when they stuck their heads out to breathe, you snag them with the string and jerk them out, then stomp them flat. It worked with one of the two worms, the other one I broke in half, with the still-living half burrowing back into my body. At this point I woke up for a bio break, and in that hazy, still-dreaming way, tried to figure out a way of ridding myself of the broken worm, and to prevent re-infestation in future.

Don't really want any more dreams like that one, thanks.

2 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

Ew. You been watching things about bot flies?

Bob said...

@ProudHillbilly: no, but I've read too many stories of Guinea Worm Disease. It's one of the few reasons I have for admiring former President Jimmy Carter at all. And, whatever you do, do not do a Google Image Search on Guinea Worms.