Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm More Elitist Than I Realize

A quiz about how closely you fit into the American mainstream.

How Thick Is Your Bubble?

View user's Quiz School Profile
Guest
Score » 7 out of 20 (35% )
Result




On a scale from 0 to 20 points, where 20 signifies full engagement with mainstream American culture and 0 signifies deep cultural isolation within the new upper class bubble, you scored between 5 and 8.



In other words, you can see through your bubble, but you need to get out more.



Quiz SchoolTake this quiz & get your score


via Michael Graham.

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I scored a 12; it said I don't even have a bubble. I'm still not sure if that's good or bad. :)

Walt Taylor said...

I'm in the same group as you, Bob. But does this guy really recommend that we watch Oprah and hang out with smokers?

Bob said...

@Walt Taylor: Garbage In, Garbage Out, as early computer programmers used to say. The study says more about the prejudices of the elitist academic who produced it than it does the people it ostensibly surveys.

Walt Taylor said...

Wow, Robert. I didn't plan on getting into our differences here, but your own prejudices have skewed your view. First of all, this silly little quiz was certainly created by some minor-league hack, not an "elitist academic". But it was based on a book by the conservative Charles Murray, who also wrote "The Bell Curve", which you may recall greatly riled liberals a few years ago. I recommend you check the link on the page you cited. But I always recommend that.