Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sometimes Shark Eats You!

Some poor soul in Western Australia got himself eaten by a Great White Shark.

These days when I go to the beach it's usually in the late fall or winter, so swimming in the ocean is a moot point, but I think that even if I went in the summer when the water's relatively warm I'd avoid swimming these days. Wading in the shallows would be ok, perhaps, so as to limit the size of the sharks that can attack.

This poor surfer was bitten in half, and the shark wouldn't permit a nearby jet skier to retrieve the torso, I'd guess the shark was still hungry at that point. Apparently nothing left to ship home to the parents. Sad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1979 / Apocalypse Now... [Martin Sheen]: "Never get out of the boat. Absolutely Goddamn right."