Thursday, December 03, 2009

No Rice Krispies Noises, Thankfully

Fell while at work earlier tonight while trying to assist a hotel guest. She came down at 12:15 a.m. complaining about her smoke detector chirping. I offered to disable it until the maintenance man could fix it on Thursday. I took a chair up to the room to stand on, a heavy metal chair that will hold my weight even when I stand on it.

Unfortunately the chair tilted when I climbed onto it, sending me backward to the floor. I thought to myself, oh, this will hurt WHUMP! Ugh. Didn't strike my head against the floor; didn't hear any snap, crackles or pops; think I made it through without breaking anything. Move slowly, get up, first onto my side, then shakily stand; yah, I'm ok, didn't even have the wind knocked out of me; no nausea; incredibly lucky.

Now, about 5 hours later, some soreness in my left buttock, so I'm guessing a bit of bruising, but nothing more than that; again, incredibly lucky to escape serious injury.

Think I'll give up climbing on chairs until I lose some weight, however; too hard to keep my balance at current weight.

Guess I'll have to leave a note for my manager explaining things, since guest is sure to mention it.

1 comment:

Borepatch said...

Ugh. I used to heal a lot faster than I do now.