Friday, October 03, 2008

My Day So Far

Went to see the first matinee of An American Carol, bought two tickets when I only needed one.

The movie was typical Zucker, fast-paced and trying for maximum laughs per minute, which probably sacrifices quality for quantity.

Kevin Farley did a good job as Michael Malone, and appeared to be good-natured about the slappings he received from damn near everyone he encounters. Probably the only major character who didn't slap him was Jon Voight portraying George Washington. In one of the few serious scenes in the movie, Washington is summoned by General George S. Patton (Kelsey Grammer) when Patton realizes that he has failed at making Malone change his anti-American ways. Voight as Washington doesn't shout, slap Malone, or curse, but very quietly shows Malone Ground Zero at the World Trade Center, which soon has Malone repenting.

If you're the kind of person who waits through the credits to see if there is a last bonus scene, I wouldn't bother: there is, but it's pretty lame. All in all I'd have to give the movie 1 star out of a possible 5, but I went to see it to support Zucker's attempt to get movies made that conservatives will go to see, not out of any inherent excellence the movie may ore may not have. It was fairly forgettable.

The afternoon here in NC is gorgeous: dry, clear, sunny and cool. In the spirit of doing American stuff I grilled burgers for lunch, with angel food cake for desert.

I won't post much else today, I'm sort of taking the day off, I'll be in Middle-Earth the rest of the afternoon, playing The Lord of the Rings Online.

Take care and best wishes, all. Please go see the movie and support Zucker, if you have a little spare change.

No comments: