Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Microbes Ripped My Flesh*

Well, not my flesh, but that of a man from Robeson County, NC, who died after being exposed to "flesh-eating" bacteria in the water during a fishing trip.

I'd guess he was wading in the shallows when he got cut; slipped and fell onto oyster shells, maybe? Then he washed the wound with water from the inlet (probably application of an antibacterial hand cream would have been better?)

Here's a video:

*Where'd I get the blog title reference?

update: Video seems to not show on my blog anymore, so I killed it. You can see it at the link.


BobG said...

Frank Zappa fan?

Bob said...

@BobG: Yep. :-)