Saturday, February 02, 2008

My thoughts on McCain

I'm a Navy vet myself, so I have a lot of sympathy for fellow Navy people. McCain, however, is the sort of asshole I used to hate in the Navy as an enlisted man: an officer who treated people like shit, scornful and sardonic. Had McCain been Army or USMC during Vietnam, he would have been the sort to get fragged by his own men.

McCain, for the last ten years or so, hasn't been reliably conservative on a number of issues, and lets emotion get in the way of common sense, which is why he voted against President Bush's tax cuts: he was resentful of the outcome of the Republican primaries and wanted to show his ass.

I didn't vote for Carter, another Navy vet who turned out to be an asshole, and I won't vote for McCain. If Hillary or Obama screw up as much as I think they will, they will be booted after four years, and I'll count on the Republicans in the congress to keep gun rights safe until then.

No comments: