Friday, May 09, 2008

Australian Road Sign Artist Keeps 'Em Entertained

The sign with a black half-circle and the word "Hump" is intended to advise motorists of a bump in the road, but one artist has taken the language a bit too literally and adjusted the picture to look like a man and woman lying together.



You'll notice some scoundrel has tried to prevent wide dissemination (so to speak) of this image by disabling right-click.

Right click? I don't need no stinkin' right click!

I always thought, by the way, that the perfect stripper tattoo would be a road sign sprouting from the girl's pubic hair: SLIPPERY WHEN WET

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate that kind of "urban art", so much better than ugly 'tags' that are just so much sloppiness.
I went to London last century, and had fun with the "To Let" signs by adding an 'I' in between to read "TOILET".
I know, juvenile, and nobody there got it, but I laughed my ass off for the two weeks I was there.

Bob said...

In Spain, where there are tourist signs for particular regions such as route of the bulls, route of the white towns, etc., the signs are invariably vandalized, so that ruta (route) is changed to puta (whore).