Thursday, November 04, 2010

Groucho Marx Glasses In Statesville, NC

At the high school football game.

I'd like to see a picture of that event. I have my own history with Groucho Marx glasses, I wore them once while in the Navy when a new CO (commanding officer) was being shown around our work space; the officer conducting the tour was describing the work stations and naming the personnel, when I heard my name I whipped my head around with the glasses on and grinned at the CO, bobbing my head as I did so in the genuine Groucho manner. The CO started laughing, and LCDR Lovejoy, the man conducting the tour, smiled a grim, tight smile and continued the tour. I was called on the carpet a few minutes later to receive the expected dressing-down, and was given 4 hours extra duty for my trouble. Good times.

3 comments:

eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bob said...

@eric: don't spam my blog again, you cocksucker.

KA9VSZ said...

Onboard the USS Constellation CV64 a shipmate with four years left to serve out of a six year obligation: donned his Bozo-the-clown costume (from a previous civilian career), hopped on his unicycle (stashed who-knows-where), loaded his two cap pistols(!) and proceeded through the hanger bay with guns a-blazin'. Surprisingly, he didn't get kicked out until he had served over five years. Takes all kinds.

WV: chess Seriously? Too easy!