Saturday, March 26, 2011

Knobby In Shelby

In other words: Bigfoot (Sasquatch) in Shelby, NC.

Shelby is about 40 miles from here; I go up there occasionally to eat BBQ.

I'm as skeptical on Bigfoot/Yeti/Loch Ness Monster sightings as I am on the subject of God and necrodestinations. When someone brings in a Bigfoot carcass for scientists to study, or even better, brings one back alive รก la Frank Buck, I'll give it some consideration, but until then, not so much. These things usually turn out to be canny rural people hoaxing city people, and it's not a new phenomenon.

If you go to the details of the story at the website linked by Fox News, you read some fun stuff, such as:

4. I was there on the road with it and I truly believe it was real. I clearly saw its private parts and it was a male. I have never saw a suit with male parts. I could clearly see its rear and anal region when it ran into the woods.There was a very distinct odor coming from this animal. I believe it was real. I do not see how it could have been anyone wearing a suit. Unless I am proved wrong I will always believe this was a real living breathing being.

And...

5. It is a Slick brand cheap video camera I purchased at the Dollar Store. I wish I had been in possession of a better camera but it was what I had. When it ran into the woods I tried to follow it in but the camera would not pick up anything in the darkness there under the trees.

And, don't provoke it!

7. When it growled at me I saw yellow teeth in a very real looking mouth. It threw its hands up in the air and I don't know why when it growled at me. I do not think it was waving at me I think it was pissed that I was there on the road with it.

Like so many other people in rural NC, Knobby needs some dental work.

h/t Hot Air Headlines.

No comments: