Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Part Of My Philosophy...

...is that my IRS refund should always be spent on firearms or firearms-related purchases. Thus:



1911 from Springfield Armory in .45ACP. It's a used gun purchased in a local pawn shop. As purchased it came with a full-length guide rod and black Hogue grips; I've changed it to a standard GI guide rod configuration and bolted on some coyote tan Dura-Grips with "wasp nest" checkering pattern. Three-dot sights, Commander-style hammer and beavertail grip safety. It doesn't have the locking mainspring housing that Springfield ships with its new 1911's, so a straight Series 70 setup.

I need to pick up some extras for the gun - - more magazines, a holster and magazine carrier. I'm pleased with the purchase, however.

5 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Looks like a sweet pistol, my friend. Enjoy!

Secesh said...

Great looking gun. Nice choice.

Ajdshootist said...

Now that makes me very jelouse, we cant have handguns any longer over here in the UK i miss my 1911 made in 1916 and my Gold Cup which i had fitted with a .41 Avenger barrel from SSK industries all we can have now are Black Powder Revolvers like my 1851 .36 London Navy and my 1851 Tranter 50 bore.

ProudHillbilly said...

NICE!

ProudHillbilly said...

NICE!