Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Well...Crap.

This is what I came home to an hour ago:




A Bradford Pear, also known as Satan's Own Tree, also known as Causes Arborists To Grind Teeth In Rage. They have beautiful blooms in early spring, and that is all. They suffer from branch-shedding as seen in the photo when they are mature, and the two in my front yard are as big as they get - - and need to be removed. This is the second large limb that has shed from this same tree. They need to go before they fall on the house, one of the cars, or one of us peoples.

1 comment:

NotClauswitz said...

One of my aspens, heavy with spring buds, chose to shed some weight that way... I guess a few less pounds of pollen make a difference! I have one of those pears too, and we (me) have to keep topping each year to keep it under fifteen feet tall.