Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Today's Musical Interlude

Joan Baez, In My Time of Need.



Beautiful lyrics, with Baez singing in a manner that brings to mind Margo Timmons of the Cowboy Junkies, and tasteful, Steve Cropper-style guitar playing. It's the sort of prayerful song that rips me to shreds every time I hear it.

Here's another, by Johnny Cash; again, great guitar playing, punctuated by mandolin, and Johnny starting in a murmur, ending in a roar:



Don Williams? Who hasn't shared this sentiment at least once in his/her life?



And finally Warren Zevon, husky-voiced, accompanied only by his guitar:



And no, I'm not playing all these seemingly maudlin songs because of any current tragedy in my life or announcement of a fatal disease; I'm just feeling a bit blue today.

1 comment:

BobG said...

I have days like that sometimes; no depression just sort of an overall melancholy feeling for no apparent reason.