Thursday, February 09, 2012

Today's Viral Video

This is currently burning up the internet and facebook:



The Facebook page for the father, Tommy Jordan, is here. I notice he lives 30 miles east of here, in Albemarle, NC. I ought to go buy him a beer sometime. Hell of a guy.

Your reaction to this will probably fall along the blue/red divide. Blue parents/individuals will probably see Tommy as a dangerous individual, a cruel father who needs to have the State called and his guns taken away. Red parents/individuals will probably applaud his actions. Just read the comments on the Facebook and you'll see what I mean.

h/t Kurt at A Trainwreck In Maxwell.

update:He's made the UK Daily Mail. Drudge should be next, I guess. He posted this follow-up on Facebook refusing to go before media, but that will probably fall by the wayside in a day or so. I hope he's consulted a lawyer, I think that, unfortunately, he's going to need one.

Update 2, 4:00 p.m. Friday: Drudge finally noticed. The father (Tommy Jordan) has been posting updates regularly since he got home from work. I'd imagine the Raleigh and Charlotte news stations are camped outside his house, hoping for interviews. We'll see what he does.

Update 3, 4:17 p.m., Friday: Yep, they called the cops and DSS on him.

1 comment:

Walt Taylor said...

Blue stater here. What the daughter did was heinous, what the father did was heinous. Sounds like a plain old dysfunctional family to me. One that watches too much reality tv.