Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Damn Those Guns, Always Going Off!

First blog post of the morning, what do I see?

Pilot's gun fires on US Airways flight.

Which makes it seem as though the gun has a mind of its own, and didn't have an owner who made a stupid mistake, as is most likely to have happened. Well, what's the alternative? Either the gun is a modern piece, engineered and constructed to be safe, or if it's not, why is the pilot carrying a poorly-designed/constructed gun?

Be nice if there's video to show that the pilot was probably playing with it in some fashion.

My own version of the gun safety rules, as I taught them to my nephew:

1. A GUN IS NOT A TOY!
2. A GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED!
3. DON'T POINT A GUN AT SOMEONE YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE DEAD!


I'll be willing to bet that the pilot was violating Rule 1. He definitely forgot rule 2.

No comments: