Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Reluctantly, He Accepted The Millions

Ricky Gervais, the writer/actor who created the hit show "The Office" wants you to know that the millions of pounds he made from the show kind of ruined his pride in his accomplishment.

He told US show 60 Minutes: "When I did The Office I was so proud. The cheque ruined it a bit - I didn't want people to think that was mixed in with my pride.

"Why am I paid a million times a nurse's wages? There are people who work as hard as me and they haven't got that because they don't do show business."


Stupid leftist son of a bitch. If your wealth makes you feel guilty, then nothing is easier than giving it away, and you can be virtuously poor again.

1 comment:

jumblerant said...

Bob,

He is actually using some of his severely cutting sarcasm to make a joke of stardom. He is soooo over the top with his sarcasm that many times us Brits don't get it either - but I have an inside scoop on this one....

The funniest youtube vid at the moment - Ricky on Sesame Street http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUB7zTOpYaY

Do you know anyone else who can mention The Holocaust and necrophilia in a talk with Elmo??!

Keep up the great blog - see u on the interweb.