Monday, July 18, 2011

A Case of Fratricide

It started out innocently enough, with two SC peckerwoods throwing rocks at each other, but escalated when one brother pulled a knife.

And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where [is] Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: [Am] I my brother's keeper?

10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

11 And now [art] thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment [is] greater than I can bear.

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Wouldn't that be 'fratricide'?

Bob said...

@Rev.Paul: Oops. Fixed. Thanks.