Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Things You Find On the Internet

A picture of me from my Navy days, in training school at NTTC Corry Station, Pensacola:



I'm standing on the left side of the photo, with a full head of blond hair and glasses, under the boots of the wall art, next to the CPO. These are Cryptologic Technicians and the class was Outboard/Tacintel, which was a Navy HFDF (High Frequency Direction Finding) system for locating enemy ships via their radio communications. Tacintel was a satellite communications network, a primitive internet.

5 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Good picture. A couple of those guys look vaguely familiar, but it's probably just my faulty memory.

Borepatch said...

I'm really surprised at how many people in this part of the 'net have some sort of. Typo background.

Stephen said...

I was a CTR. Small world.

Bob said...

@Stephen: Here's the site I found the pic at, you may be able to locate your old class picture, as well:

http://www.navycthistory.com/index.html

Brock Townsend said...

Memories!