Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dividing Time

I'd blog more, but I probably need to mention my division of time/labor so it's understood why I don't.

I work full-time as a hotel front desk night clerk, which is from 11 at night to 7 in the morning. From the time I get home until about 4 in the afternoon, I tend to my mother, who is an invalid. She's not bedridden, but not far from it; she walks to and from the bathroom with a walker, and can walk the short distance to the car for doctor visits and hairdressing appointments, but not much more. I blog during the day hours tending her, and alternate with playing Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar to keep my sanity and escape from my real life temporarily.

I can blog a bit at night, if it's quiet. The work computers have too slow a connection for blogging, and cause problems with Blogger, so I have to use the lobby computer, which has a faster connection but limited functionality, being locked down via a program called Site Kiosk.

I probably need to acquire a laptop for use at work, and use the wi-fi connection there. It can go on the list of things to spend money on, along with car repairs, dental work, new clothing, etc.

Anyway, here's a screenshot from Middle-Earth:

2 comments:

Doodlebug said...

I've been reading your blog for the past few months now and will continue to do so, I have found it to be very informative. Sounds like you have a very full plate to say the least. I will keep you and your mum in my prayers. Take care, Tsumura

Bob said...

Thank you, Tsumura. It was quite kind of you to say that.