Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My First Blogchild!

Let me introduce you to Barco Sin Vela II, a US Marine who saw the error of his ways and joined the US Navy. He seems to have had a nice career in the Navy, and now is messing about in boats* in the state of Florida in a sort of Travis McGee existence.

We haven't really corresponded other than exchanging talk in my blog comments, but maybe that will change. Here's what appears to be a pic of the man himself, doing navigation the old-fashioned way:



Welcome to the blogsphere!

Update: forgot to explain the * above; it's a quote from a favorite book, The Wind In The Willows.

2 comments:

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Wow,
You make me sound impotant. Without the arrrr...

I never thought I would be mentioned personally with Travis McGee in the same paragraph.

Now I need to learn to smooth up the appearance of the blog. Otherwise, expect many sea stories and updates on the boating life.

I need to place a surface warfare in somewhere on the title page.

Thanks for the nice introduction!

DC

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Pin. Not in.