Wednesday, February 25, 2009

If You Stand Back A Bit and Squint

I got an email this morning from an online dating service, with some photos of girls "in your neighborhood." Now I live in Matthews, North Carolina, which is a suburb of the city of Charlotte. Here's where my soon-to-be romantic partners dwell: Jamestown, Tennessee; Gloucester Point, Virginia; Mechanicsville, Maryland; Conyers, Georgia; Greeneville, Tennessee; and Richmond, Kentucky. Now I have to admit that some of those states border on North Carolina, so perhaps from a certain vantage point those girls could be considered "neighbors." Damned if I'm going to try and walk next door to get a cup of flour from any of them though; it'd be a long walk.

1 comment:

MauserMedic said...

When I was in the Sinai, I'd get advertisements to "meet women in APO". That's a might big area, unless they were talking about my APO town, in which it was some pretty damn fraudulent advertising. There weren't more than 50 women on post, and didn't none of 'em look like the innertube girls......