Friday, June 11, 2010

Meme To End All Memes

I posted this as a comment over at New Jovian Thunderbolt, but I want to put it here, too. This one might just go viral.

1. Pick three US Civil War generals to fight by your side in the Zombie Apocalypse.

2. Same, but WWII generals.

3. Same, but US Presidents.

4. Same, but actors (living or dead ok)

5. Same, but writers.

6. Same, but rock musicians.

7. Same, but fictional characters.


Ok, who would I pick?

For Civil War generals: Robert E. Lee, Nathan Bedford Forrest, Daniel Harvey Hill. (I'm a white Southerner. You think I'd pick Yankees?)

WWII generals: George Patton, Omar Bradley, Mark W. Clark

US Presidents: George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Theodore Roosevelt.

Actors: Charlton Heston, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson.

Writers: Ernest Hemingway, Ambrose Bierce, Louis L'Amour.

Rock Musicians: Ted Nugent, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton.

Fictional characters: Mack Bolan, William Tell Sackett, Bob Lee Swagger.

4 comments:

Nancy R. said...

Are you sure Keith Richards isn't already a zombie?

Bob said...

@Nancy R.: he was, but then had that Swiss blood transfusion and got rid of it.

Borepatch said...

Forrest for sure. You're unlikely to have armies, so Lee isn't much help. I'd pick Jackson instead, who was brilliant in small unit action. Not sure the third - maybe Joshua Lawrence Chamberlin. Steadiness in the face of waves of attackers is devoutly to be wished for.

I don't like any of your WWII generals, except (maybe) Patton. Small unit actions, not Grand Strategy. Someone more along the lines of Lt. Col. Dick Majors from Band of Brothers fame.

I guess I see platoon/company actions, rather than Corps level.

BillyBob said...

Good pick on the Mack Bolan. Does anybody but me and you know who he is?