Friday, May 13, 2011

Duplicate Post: Arrival

Since Blogger was incompetent enough to lose my last couple of posts, I'll re-create them from memory. On Thursday I received a new knife from Blind Horse Knives of Indianapolis, it's a mini-skinner called the Drover:



Folks, this is a handmade knife, not a factory knife, and it only cost$91.00, including shipping. It's made of O-1 tool steel with green Micarta handle scales and comes with a hand-crafted belt sheath. In the world of handmade knives, it qualifies as a bargain. Deliver time was a month and a half. I don't anticipate skinning animals with it (its primary function), but I can use it as an EDC (Every Day Carry) utility knife to open boxes, cut steaks, scrape, whittle, make shavings for fires, etc.

I'm happy with it.

update: Hmm, looks like Google got its act together and recovered my old knife post.

No comments: