Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wilmington's Greenfield Lake

Wilmington, NC, that is.

It's a public park in Wilmington, with lake, gardens and sports facilities. You can rent paddleboats and canoes, and fish in the lake, as well, although I don't think I'd recommend eating the fish you catch, as the lake is polluted. (It's getting better, though.)

Sara and I have visited it and sat by the edge of the lake to watch fishermen. If you click on this link to the accompanying gallery, you'll see the bench (1/20) that we sat in.

The lake, in addition to the usual turtles, has alligators in it.

It's best to be cautious when visiting the park, as it is close enough to the poor parts of Wilmington to draw criminal activity: drug dealers, muggers, and rapists. I probably wouldn't visit it again myself unless I had a CCW and was heeled.

Good bunch of stories and photos. It's nice to know that the lake is slowly becoming less polluted, and stories from the Star-News in the past indicates that the Wilmington police are trying to deal with the crime problem. I hope that they do, it's a pretty park.

No comments: