Thursday, February 23, 2012

Treasure Blog: Comic Book Collection

The collection, which includes copies of Action Comics #1, which introduced Superman, and Detective Comics #27, which introduced Batman, sold for $3.5M.

Over 345 comic books were in the collection, which had been preserved in an attic since being purchased at the time they were issued, as far back as the late 1930's/early 1940's.

And not all of them were included in this sale. The less-valuable comic books in the collection will be sold in bulk and are expected to bring over $100K.

1 comment:

ProudHillbilly said...

I don't even want to look at the details. My mother threw away my comics when I was away at college. That was a long long time ago. All those original X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc., mags might have contributed to my retirement fund.