Monday, March 05, 2012

Tears of a Crocodile

Czar Vlad wins the Russian Presidential election, weeps for joy:



"Come hither, Little One," said the Crocodile, "for I am the Crocodile," and he wept crocodile tears to show it was quite true.

Then the Elephants' child grew all breathless, and panted, and kneeled down on the bank and said, "You are the very person I have been looking for all these long days. Will you please tell me what you have for dinner?"

"Come hither, Little One," said the Crocodile, "and I'll whisper."

Then the Elephant's Child put his head down close to the Crocodile's musky, tusky mouth, and the Crocodile caught him by his little nose, which up to that very week, day, hour, and minute, had been no bigger than a boot, though much more useful.

"I think," said the Crocodile--and he said it between his teeth, like this--"I think to-day I will begin with Elephant's Child!"


- - Rudyard Kipling, Just So Stories

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's just something about an ex-KGB guy... makes the Russki's all warm-n-fuzzy....