Friday, January 23, 2009

Camera Experiment #2

The banner on my blog has changed. The cutlass shown in the banner is my own personal cutlass. Originally it was an inexpensive model I purchased from Atlanta Cutlery. Originally it had a historically correct brass hilt, but it didn't fit my hand well and was clumsy, so I had a friend, knifesmith Michael McRae of Scotia Metalwork, make a new one. The new hilt features a steel basket with a handle made of desert ironwood. The cutlass is much lighter now and fits my hand properly.

The font used in the banner is called buccaneer. It is the same font used in the frontispiece of the book A General History of the Robberies and Murders of the Most Notorious Pirates, written by "Captain Charles Johnson," and reputedly a pseudonym of Daniel Defoe's.

No comments: