Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More of Them Out There Than You Think

Leatherback Sea Turtles, I mean. So many, in fact, that it turns out they aren't all that endangered as a species, after all.

How did it happen? Same way it always happens: scientists draw conclusions from insufficient data:

Scientist: Leatherback Sea Turtles are endangered.

Man: They are?

Scientist: Yes. We counted them. They're endangered.

Man: What about that bunch over there, then? Did you count them?

Scientist: What bun...oh, crap.

Man: And you went to college for HOW many years?

Scientist: Put a sock in it, would you?


They Missed Me Because I'm Covered In Sand!

2 comments:

cbullitt said...

Dammit Bob, now I'm going to have to change all my "Roast Polar Bear, brushed with a Harp Seal glaze and served with Leatherback butter" Global Warming snark.
Right now, nothing as tasty sounding is coming to mind--and I'm blaming you.

TOTWTYTR said...

See my comments about the Komodo Dragon. Same thing at work here.