Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shoot-Out In Rock Hill, SC

A couple of the usual suspects tried to rob members of a band who were parked in an RV outside a club in Rock Hill, SC.

Just after 1 a.m. Tuesday two 22-year-old Rock Hill men, Demorrio Demarcus Burris and Dytavis Hinton, broke into the band's motor home, showed a gun and demanded money.

Scott Thomas grabbed a weapon and demanded the robbery suspects leave, the report states. His brother, a fellow band member, told police the suspect fired first and his brother returned fire, according to the report.

Three people, the suspects and Scott Thomas, were struck by bullets. Thomas was in critical condition at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, and Hinton was in stable condition Tuesday.

Burris was pronounced dead on the steps inside the RV where officials found him following the shooting.


I'd fault Thomas only for trying to get the two robbers to leave peacefully. If someone is pointing a gun at me and I manage to heel myself, I'm going to shoot that S.O.B. without stopping to discuss it first. He's forfeited his life by breaking into my home and threatening me with deadly force, so I'd have no compunction about shooting him down like the sub-human he is.

1 comment:

Derfel Cadarn said...

Damn straight on that! Your own right to survival is preeminent shoot them down like the vermin they are.