Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Quote of the Day

From Ann Coulter, in response to a question asking her opinion of several conservative pundits: Joe Scarborough, George Will, Charles Krauthammer, and David Brooks:

COULTER: I’m not familiar with the oeuvre of all of these gentlemen (Scarborough is on a little early for me and Brooks is a bore), but I think I get your drift, so without implicating any of them in particular, I will say that alleged conservatives who gratuitously attack fellow conservatives are like the robber being crucified next to Jesus, who joined the mob in taunting Jesus. He’s hanging there, hours from death, a victim of the same howling mob that demanded Jesus’ crucifixion. But even though he was a victim of the mob himself, he was compelled to join the mob. It shows how powerful the instinct to side with the crowd is.

And no, I don't think she's intentionally comparing herself to Christ in that response.

1 comment:

wally said...

When Ann Coulter says "gratuitously attack", she generally means "criticize". Since the truth is not the exclusive property of either conservatives or liberals, I doubt that anyone of real integrity, who's willing to speak the truth whichever side of the fence it comes down on, would meet with her approval.