Monday, February 18, 2013

No Red Shirts In The Walking Dead, I Guess (SPOILER WARNING!)

Raise a hand if you expected Axel to die last night.

Yah, there have been cases in The Walking Dead where you knew that a character would probably die, because the producers didn't bother to give them any screen time; but there have been deaths along the way - - Dale, Shane, Lori, and now Axel - - that left you feeling devastated for one reason or another.

A nice touch that has developed on the show is the "death dinner" for a character who gets killed, with all the cast participating, and the "dead" character having his food paid by the others. Andrew Lincoln (Rick) usually hosts these dinners.

And Carol is getting the reputation on the show of being a black widow. Men don't live long around her.

2 comments:

J.R.Shirley said...

When I moved to Camp Marmal in RC North, I found a stack of 14 (IIRC) Walking Dead graphic novels. Took me a few days to work my way through them.

No way I could watch it on the screen. It was hard enough on paper.

Bob said...

@J.R.Shirley: hard in what way, John?