Sunday, April 21, 2013

Nostalgia of the Day

A blog post over at Roberta's called to my mind the old fire towers that dotted the landscape of my native Florida when I was young. That memory of fire towers led directly to the memory of Ranger Hal, who hosted a morning kid's show in Jacksonville, Florida. Ranger Hal also made personal appearance throughout north Florida, and I remember my sister and me having to sing Christmas carols at a show Hal hosted at my grandfather's Moose lodge. Here's a YouTube clip I found of Ranger Hal:

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That's a neat piece of history! Funny how one thing trips another and takes us down memory lane...

Bob said...

@Old NFO: I toyed with the idea of becoming a National Park/US Forest Service Ranger based on Ranger Hal as a role model. Wonder how many young teens we have right now who are studying reptiles because of the late Steve Irwin, the "Crocodile Hunter?"