Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bottle Message: Short Trip

I launched a bottle message from the Sunset Beach (NC) fishing pier on the 13th, while Sara and I were at the coast. I suspected at the time, from the wind direction and the tidal condition, that the bottle might just wash directly ashore, and I was right:

We found the bottle on the beach about 500 yeards south of the Sunset Beach Pier, on 9/13/2009.

Since it was so soon after you had dropped it, we simply put your message & $10 back in the bottle and went out to the pier and re-dropped it.

Regards,

Ron and Anne


So I've had 100% recovery so far, but only one of the three bottles went any real distance. I will probably have more success in November, when Sara and I travel to the Outer Banks and the Norfolk, Virginia area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you're in town. We can get together for dinner or something.

Bob said...

@Sailorcurt: Thank you, Curt. That would be a lot of fun, and I'll shoot you an email when we get there.